Assistant Director of Admission
Job no: 510669
Position type: Staff
Location: New York
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Administrative/Professional
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Respond to all who interact with the Office of Admission in a courteous, respectful and gracious manner, per customer service guidelines provided
- Counsel prospective students in person and by telephone and respond to inquiries via e-mail
- Lead On-Campus Information Sessions and Virtual Webinars
- Recruit applicants at local, national and international outreach events
- Coordinate admission activities, including serving as admission liaison, for one or two academic departments
- Review and evaluate candidates for admission
- Process admission decisions for assigned department(s) including entering, proofing and publishing
- Supervise full and/or part-time staff (Admission Counselor(s) and/or Student Ambassadors, Graduate Assistants, Graduate Intern)
- Assume overall responsibility for Office of Admission when Director and Associate Directors are unavailable
- Assist with other duties and projects as assigned
-Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in education, training and experience
-Valid driver's license
-Excellent communication, interpersonal, and counseling skills
-Excellent organizational skills
-Experience with computers and automated database systems
-Willingness to travel locally, nationally and internationally for recruitment
-Willingness to work some evening and occasional weekend hours
-Master's degree preferred
-Three to five years of previous admission or student services-related experience preferred
-Patience and flexibility
Departmental Liaison: Serve as primary liaison to one or two academic departments. Corresponding duties include counseling prospective students for respective departments in person, by telephone, chat, email, or video appointments, as well as direct involvement in planning recruitment and admitted student programming. Additional responsibilities include engaging in application review, finalizing admission decisions, and regular reporting of admission data to department contacts.
Campus Experience: Assist with planning Admission programming (included but not limited to Open Houses, Specialty pillar events, Campus Visits (information sessions & tours) & Ask Me Anythings - most of which are offered in both in-person and virtual formats. Assist with customer service initiatives, including the use of surveys, process improvements, incorporating new layers, as well as reporting metrics. Assist with organizing internal team trainings.
Communication: Develop language to define and illustrate admission policies and protocols to be shared on the TC Office of Admission website, application, emails and in general communication with prospective and admitted students. Liaise with the Marketing Communications team on communication plans and keep the Admission team informed of initiatives in this area.
General Recruitment: Management of a recruitment territory that includes attending grad fairs (both virtual and in-person), hotel programs, coffee with a counselor programs, and visits with feeder institutions.
Other: Other duties, committees, and projects as assigned.
Advertised: Oct 12, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time
To apply: https://employment.tc.columbia.edu/cw/en-us/job/510669/assistant-director-of-admission
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency