Adjunct Pool: Dual Enrollment (Multiple Sites): Various Disciplines
Salary: $59.82 - $77.33 Hourly
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 20230069
Closing: 6/30/2024 12:00 PM Pacific
Location: Merced College, CA
Compensation is Per Agreement with Local High School AgencyOpen pool for academic year 2023-2024Various disciplines
Merced College is a midsized community college located in California's Central Valley. Incorporated in 1889, Merced offers historical sites, affordable housing, and access to the Bay Area and Sacramento, and is the Gateway to Yosemite National Park and the Sierra mountains as well as home to the University of California Merced campus. Our tree-shaded growing community of just over 80,000 includes multiple biking and walking trails as well as access to several lakes - large and small - throughout the county. The college is currently in a time of exciting innovation.
Merced College Mission
At Merced College, students are our focus, and we are known by their success. We transform lives through education and workforce development.
Merced College Vision
Enriching our community through educational experiences and support services:
- Degree/Certificate Programs
- Career Technical Education
- Workforce Training
- Lifelong Learning
- Basic Skills
- Community Engagement
Dual Enrollment allows high school students to earn college credit for college courses completed while still in high school; those courses also count towards the student's high school diploma. Dual Enrollment instructors are employees of the high school district to which they are assigned, but must meet the minimum qualifications and teach Merced College's curriculum for the college discipline they apply to teach under Dual Enrollment.
Examples of Duties
- Provide instruction in accordance with established course outlines and expectations
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance policy
- Maintain required student attendance and scholastic records
- Prepare and grade class assignments and examinations
- Post and maintain regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum
- Participate in the development of teaching-learning methods and materials
- Participate in departmental, area and campus professional activities/committees
- Participate in the college's learning outcomes assessment program, including course, program, and institutional assessments
- Perform tasks needed for student records, e.g., submit grades on time to admissions and records
REQUIRED:Disciplines requiring a master's degree
- Child Development
- Computer Science
- Allied Health
Disciplines not requiring a master's degree
- Administrative Office Management
- Animal Science
- Automotive Technology
- Landscape Horticulture
- Mechanized Agriculture
In addition to the minimum requirements specified for each discipline by the California Chancellor's office (see link below), all applicants must also:
- Promote and incorporate culturally affirming DEIA and anti-racist principles to nurture and create a respectful, inclusive, and equitable learning and work environment. In conducting their duties, staff members shall respect and acknowledge the diversity of students and colleagues.
NOTE: A copy of the California Chancellor's Office minimum qualifications handbook can be found by clicking the following link
How to Apply:
- Submit a complete application by the closing date/time on the Merced College career pages at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/mccd/promotionaljobs.
- Letter of interest addressing your qualifications for the position (cover letter).
- Legible unofficial college transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). Official copies are not required unless applicant is hired.
- Diversity Statement: The Merced College District has a diverse staff and student population. As such, applicants must demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and the community at large. Please describe how your professional experience would contribute to a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Please do not include any personally identifying information. Limit your response to one (1) page.
- Foreign transcripts must include a U.S. evaluation and translation completed by an approved organization per the State of California Commission on Teacher Credentialing https://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/transcripts
- Equivalency Review Form (Required for applicants who do not possess the stated minimum educational qualifications and are seeking consideration on the basis of equivalency) https://www.mccd.edu/about-merced-college/divisions/human-resources/equivalency/
Only the required documentation as listed above will be accepted for this recruitment. Any additional documentation will be removed from your application profile.
Those applicants deemed highly qualified for the position will be invited to appear for oral interviews before a screening committee. A limited number of candidates will be invited to interviews. Interviews will be scheduled on site.
Sick leave, faculty employed on a part-time hourly basis shall earn sick leave credit at the rate of one (1) hour for each twenty (20) hours of paid service.
Condition of Employment:
The selected candidate must be fingerprinted and tested for tuberculosis at his/her own expense prior to the start of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform Act of 1986, all new employees are required to verify their identity and the right to work in the United States. Merced College does not sponsor visas. All offers of employment are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees. The applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
Individuals with disabilities may request any needed accommodation to participate in the application process. Please submit your request with your application to the Human Resources Office. Merced Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mccd/jobs/4101760/adjunct-pool-dual-enrollment-multiple-sites-various-disciplines
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency