The Undergraduate Admissions Office is seeking multiple detail-oriented individuals for Admissions Counselor roles (Enrollment Services Specialist 3) on the Admissions Services and Evaluation Team. The primary responsibilities of the position include evaluation of undergraduate applications for admission, and management of other admissions-related processes.
Duties will include the following:
- Recruit and counsel prospective students and families through individual appointments, telephone calls, and email interactions to yield students to Penn State, particularly the 2+2 model;
- Respond to large volume of requests for specific information through telephone and email contacts from applicants, parents, admissions colleagues, and college advisers/faculty/staff;
- Record all interactions with prospective students and families in Slate in a timely manner;
- Present at recruitment and/or student aid and/or enrollment services events for prospective and current students on behalf of the University and/or campus;
- Participate in recruitment events such as Spend A Summer Day, college open houses, service area high school visits, and local college fairs;
- Work and collaborate with other University units/campuses to develop and deliver a consistent message to prospective and current students during the enrollment life cycle;
- Determine qualifications of secondary school records, college records, and other sources of academic or personal information;
- Evaluate student requests for changes in areas of enrollment and/or campus locations;
- Evaluate domestic and international secondary and tertiary academic credentials; and
- Admit, or research other Penn State options for applicants, and communicate admission decisions appropriately - often through individualized email communication; offer suggestions for alternate programs or campuses.
Education and Experience:
Typically requires a bachelor's degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 software applications, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, DocFinity, and Slate is preferred. The ability to work independently and in a team environment is essential. Attention to detail, discretion with confidential data, strong customer service, organization, problem solving skills, and the ability to communicate effectively are required. The position will require flexibility to learn and adapt to new software programs and solve problems in a changing environment.
Application Instruction: Candidates should submit cover letter and resume for a complete application.
As a member of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, it will be expected that the successful candidate be able to model Penn State's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. At this time, this position combines in-person and remote work. When Penn State has a complete return-to-campus plan for staff, working arrangements will be re-evaluated.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/University-Park-Campus/Admissions-Counselor_REQ_0000032899-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency