Admissions Counselor - West Central Illinois Regional
Category: Administrative, Professional & Staff Positions
Locations: Macomb, IL
Posted: Apr 22, 2021
Closes: Open Until Filled
Type: FT - Continuous
About Western Illinois University:
Western Illinois University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, serves nearly 7,500 students at its traditional, residential four-year campus in Macomb, IL and its metropolitan branch campus in Moline, IL. Compliance to state and federal hiring standards is coordinated through WIU's Office of Equal Opportunity & Access.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to, minorities, veterans, women and individuals with disabilities. WIU has a non-discrimination policy that includes discrimination based on an individual's membership in the following classes: sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other classes protected by state or federal law.
July 1, 2021
* Represent Western Illinois University at in-person or virtual recruitment functions which include high school and community college visits, presentations, college fairs, and special recruitment programs both on and off campus.
* Conduct follow-up with prospective and admitted students by telephone, social media and/or electronic communication as an active part of recruitment including: application steps, encourage campus visit, selection of registration/orientation date, housing application, scholarship application, financial aid information and other next steps.
* Coordinate the high school dual enrollment program, including application events, registration/orientation events and student contacts.
* Coordinate recruitment events in your territory as identified in your territory management plan.
* Participate in virtual, on- and off- campus student recruitment events (ex: open houses) including during summer months.
* Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
' Extensive travel with overnight stays, weekends and evening hours is required.
RANK & SALARY:
$37,728 to $42,984 annually or commensurate with experience.
Western Illinois University offers a competitive benefits package including domestic partner benefits. For full benefit information visit: http://www.wiu.edu/vpas/human_resources/benefits/.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift (or have an adaptation to lift) up to 50-pound boxes of recruitment materials on a daily basis.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends & overnight stays.
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills,
- Earned Bachelors's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- One year experience in undergraduate admissions recruitment experience.
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Bilingual or conversant in Spanish.
- Three years of undergraduate admissions experience.
THE UNIVERSITY: Since 1902, Western Illinois University has provided outstanding educational opportunities to individuals in west central Illinois and well beyond our region and state. WIU's traditional residential campus in Macomb, Illinois, is the educational, cultural and athletic center of the region, while the WIU-Quad Cities non-residential branch campus in Moline, Illinois, is the only public university in the immediate Quad Cities region.
Western is a comprehensive university offering 62 undergraduate and 41 graduate degree programs, which includes an Ed.D. in educational leadership and a Ph.D. in environmental science. The University's 442 full-time faculty members teach 94 percent of all undergraduate and graduate courses.
WIU-Macomb, IL: A traditional, residential four-year campus with distinctive undergraduate degrees and numerous graduate programs, including a doctorate in education, WIU-Macomb is located in the heart of west central Illinois in Macomb (population 20,000). Macomb is an Amtrak city with twice-daily service to Chicago.
WIU-Quad Cities: The only public university in the Quad Cities area, WIU-QC offers select undergraduate and graduate programs, including a doctorate in education and a doctorate in environmental studies, at its non-residential campus in Moline, IL (population 44,000).
WIU's Macomb campus is the educational, cultural and athletic center of the region. Annually, 12 major theatrical and dance productions and studio shows are performed, along with outstanding concerts, lectures, presentations, films, dance performances and more. The Gwendolyn Brooks and Casa Latina cultural centers offer programs and activities focusing on Black and Hispanic cultures, while the Women's Center promotes gender equity through education, support and advocacy. WIU's student organization for the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning and ally (LGBTQ*A) community provides resources, support and programming. These cultural and resource centers promote WIU's goal of enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion through educational programming and advocacy.
The University's athletics program, based on the Macomb campus, sponsors 17 NCAA Division I intercollegiate men's and women's varsity sports. Football competes in the NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision through the Missouri Valley Football Conference; all other varsity sports compete at the Division I level through The Summit League.
APPLICATION: Complete applications include:
1) a letter of application
2) current curriculum vita or resume
3) the names, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of three current professional references
4) a separate statement regarding your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
Please upload the requested documents by clicking APPLY NOW or by navigating to the WIU Employment page at the following URL http://www.wiu.edu/employment/
**Note** In order to upload Individual documents must be under 2 MB in size.
Screening will begin on May 22, 2021.
Western Illinois University endeavors to provide a safe environment for its employees and students and requires candidates to submit to a background investigation upon offer of employment. Employment is contingent upon compliance with University policies and procedures relating to the receipt and evaluation of information contained in the background investigation.
Questions regarding the search may be directed to: Drew Donahoo at AM-Donahoo@wiu.edu.
For assistance with the online application system contact the Office of Human Resources at (309)298-1971 or via email at email@example.com.
To apply, visit https://wiu.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=130300&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency