Salary: $35,600.00 - $43,120.00 Annually
Location: Bullhead City, AZ
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Student Services
Job Number: 13-00956
Closing: 5/12/2021 3:00 PM Arizona
Mohave Community College seeks a highly organized and dedicated professional to recruit new students for Mohave Community College's degree and certificate programs.
See more about this position here.
What you'll love about us:
- We create the future by cultivating relentless curiosity in our students and each other to unlock new opportunities and break barriers. We take risks, adapt to oncoming challenges and opportunities, and engineer new ideas as we learn together from our mistakes and successes.
- We engage fearlessly, bringing passion and energy to our work by dreaming big, being bold, having fun, and fostering a caring environment. Celebrating each other and our results with enthusiasm makes our work meaningful and exciting.
- We build together. Our individual differences and backgrounds strengthen our teams, where we seek input and ensure every voice is heard. We amplify our impact when we empower each other to take ownership and work together toward a common vision.
- We live authentically, being our best when we share information openly, create clarity, invite stakeholders to participate in decision-making, and communicate with the utmost respect.
- We care! We care about our students, our communities, and each other, finding ways to actively engage and invest in the success of those we serve.
- Your record of excellence in collaboration, working with others in the spirit of partnership, transparency, and care, to inspire action.
- Your strong ethical orientation and ability to make discerning, evidence-based decisions.
- Your exceptional talents in using Microsoft Office products to support this high-functioning team.
- Your unwavering commitment to the academic, emotional, and social development of each and every student.
- Your excellent communication providing regular, consistent, and meaningful information; listening carefully to others, and ensuring your messages are understood.
- Participate in recruiting services on and off-campus, personal contacts, college fairs, middle/high school visits, information events, and community activities.
- Assist with the development of collaborative relationships with on-campus personnel, local schools, colleges/universities, community agencies, and organizations as they relate to the implementation of the campus recruitment plan.
- Assist with the development and implementation of communication and information tools to prospective students in coordination with statewide communications and recruitment efforts.
- Assist with the development of admissions and recruitment-related materials and disseminate such materials in coordination with statewide communications and recruitment efforts.
- Track and strategically follow up on prospective inquiries and students.
- Track and strategically recruit those that have made applications to the College to convert to enrollment.
- Advise potential students about college programs, processes on campus, and information on admissions; coordinate class selection and arrange the assessment of basic skills, program area skills, and career assessment for new and potential students.
- May participate in the enrollment management planning process and assist students with the enrollment process.
- Act as a contact for prospective domestic students.
- Participate in orientation programs (new and transfer) at the campus.
- Attend meetings and serve on committees as assigned.
- Adhere to college, federal, and state administrative procedures, guidelines, initiatives, and directives to ensure compliance with all relevant regulations affecting college operations.
- Perform other tasks of a similar nature or level as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in public relations, business, marketing, or related field
- Three (3) or more years of experience in an academic setting,
- Valid current driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Experience in a community college setting
- Experience working with underserveds student
Accountability (Intermediate Level) - Works effectively while not losing sight of quality standards. Takes personal responsibility for own mistakes or those of the department. Takes responsibility for own behavior and the related results. Communicates clearly to stakeholders when deadlines and agreements cannot be fulfilled.
Adaptability & Flexibility (Advanced Level) - Understands the requirements of different situations and effectively adapts his/her behavior even when under stress and pressure. Adjusts own view and objectives in order to achieve a shared goal. Open to various standards, values and rules without losing a sense of identity.
Customer Focus (Intermediate Level) - Skillfully serves diverse customer base. Maintains composure during stressful or difficult situations. Demonstrates to the customer that they are being heard and that their feelings about situation are understood. Looks at the organization through the eyes of the client and his needs; makes improvements accordingly.
Effective Communication (Advanced Level) - Tailors information to audience and individual needs - flexes style appropriately. Models interpersonal communication that invites participation and future dialogue. Actively seeks perspectives from others to ensure inclusiveness and understanding. Refrains from immediate judgment and criticism of others' ideas and delivers criticism in a way that demonstrates sensitivity to the feelings of others and waits for others to finish their intended message before responding.
Influence (Advanced Level) - Uses all available information appropriately to guide decisions and negotiations to meet objectives, while acting with integrity. Effectively explores alternatives and positions to reaching outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties. Assertively interacts in a manner that is controlled, planned and well-thought-out to lead others to the desired outcome. Maintains an awareness of goals and objectives and navigates solutions towards desired ends, while maintaining relationships and supporting consensus.
Initiative (Intermediate Level) - Seeks opportunities to improve or enhance services, avoid problems, or develop new programs. Pursues increased challenge and accountability in project tasks. Recognizes and takes appropriate action to effectively address problems and opportunities. Focuses on achieving results, rather than activities that may not add value. Consistently exceeds expectations regarding the timing of deliverables.
Sociability (Intermediate Level) - Approaches other people and starts conversations and keeps conversations going easily. Makes contacts that can be useful for him/herself or the organization. Is active in maintaining contacts by regularly approaching other people. Knows people and networks that are relevant to the organization and approaches them.
Teamwork (Intermediate Level) - Cooperates with other members to achieve the workgroup's goals. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with peers and campus partners. Shares accountability in team situations. Assists others, voluntarily, positively, and without controlling or dominating. Actively participates in team meeting and contributes to team decision making. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to step out of comfort zone to support team and goals. Appropriately gives and is open to feedback from team and coworkers. Embraces a shared understanding of team participation roles, responsibilities, and decision making.
Time Management (Intermediate Level) - Ensure that high-priority work is accomplished within required timelines. Schedules by effectively allocating own time to complete work; coordinates own and others' schedules to avoid conflicts. Know and rely on the experts in various departments who can address and solve special problems.
Verbal (Advanced Level) - Able to clarify a vague and obscure discussion by pointing out the main issues. Able to simplify other people`s complicated language and reduce digressions. Translates abstract information into tangible examples. uses imagery to clarify view point. Accurately estimates the appropriate language and style to be used in various situations.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources office by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position. Application materials will not be returned.
- A complete online employment application form. Please do not state "See Resume" on any part of the application. Blank spaces may be cause for rejection of the application.
- Cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the job announcement and your qualifications for this position.
- Resume or curriculum vitae. Optional, but encouraged.
- Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file. Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.)
- If any of the above listed materials are missing or incomplete, the application will not be considered.
- Items 2-4 may either be attached electronically to the application or mailed to the address below (position number must be included on all documents):
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409
Mohave Community College offers our full-time employees a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 17 paid holidays per year
- 40 hours of sick leave and 120 - 180 hours of paid time off
- basic medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance coverage provided
- matched contributions to Arizona State Retirement System
- Tuition voucher for MCC courses for employee and dependents
Arizona State Retirement System: https://www.azasrs.gov/content/new-and-prospective-members
Located about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, Mohave Community College is a comprehensive community college serving Mohave County in the northwest portion of the State of Arizona and its neighboring communities in California, Nevada and Utah. With over 13,000 students each year on campuses in Kingman, Lake Havasu City, Bullhead City and Colorado City, and an extensive online education program, MCC's mission is to serve our communities, empowering students to succeed through innovative pathways and quality education.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mohavecc/jobs/3063515/admissions-specialist
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency