This ad is expired.
Location: Santa Cruz
Job ID: 49899
UC Vaccination Policy: With limited exceptions, COVID-19 vaccinations are required for Covered Individuals under the Policy. Covered Individuals include all employees, students, or trainees who physically access a University facility or program in connection with their employment, appointment, or education/training.
Covered Individuals do NOT include employees who work 100% remotely with NO expectation that they will physically access any University location or program at ANY time. If 100% remote work ends, the employee is subject to policy.
INITIAL REVIEW DATE (IRD)
UC Santa Cruz staff jobs are posted until filled. Application materials submitted by 11:59 pm on the IRD will be routed to the hiring unit for consideration. NOTE: Materials submitted after the IRD will be forwarded only at the request of the hiring unit. Submit your materials before the IRD to ensure consideration by the hiring unit.
The IRD for this job is: 03-29-2023
ABOUT UC SANTA CRUZ
UC Santa Cruz is a public university like no other in California, combining the experience of a small, liberal arts college with the depth and rigor of a major research university. It's known as an unconventional place where innovation and experimentation is part of the campus's DNA. That playful, bold spirit still thrives today, all on a campus renowned as among the most beautiful in the world.
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions generates, reviews, and processes in excess of 67,000 applications and serves approximately 38,000 campus visitors each year. The office has 44 career staff FTE, 45-50 part-time/temporary staff, and 150 student staff. Staff work locally and regionally throughout California and the nation.
The office is part of Enrollment Management, which includes Financial Aid and Scholarships, Orientation and Undergraduate Admissions. Enrollment Management is part of the multi-faceted academic Division of Undergraduate Education. Undergraduate Admissions, Enrollment Management and Undergraduate Education work closely with select Academic Senate committees.
Since its founding in 1965, the University of California, Santa Cruz, has grown from 652 students to nearly 19,000 students (2017-18) and earned international distinction as a world university with high-impact research, ranking 3rd in the world for research influence by Times Higher Education, and among the top 50 universities in the world, according to the U.S. News and World Report 2017 Best Global Universities rankings.
A campus with world-class facilities and one of the most visually spectacular settings in higher education, UC Santa Cruz offers rigorous academic programs and cutting-edge research opportunities. At the core of our progressive educational approach are our 10 distinctive residential colleges, which organize the campus into smaller living/learning communities.
More information can be found here: https://admissions.edu
Under the general direction of the Associate Director of Admissions, the Articulations Officer oversees all activities related to the development and maintenance of transfer course articulation agreements between UC Santa Cruz and other collegiate institutions. The incumbent works extensively with California community college administrators, articulation officers, counselors, and faculty in the establishment of formal articulation agreements. This individual works collaboratively with UCSC faculty and administration, including the Academic Senate Committee on Educational Policy, in establishing these articulation agreements. In addition, the incumbent provides training and guidance to the Admissions staff in the implementation of agreements and satisfaction of requirements, and assists with evaluation and outreach responsibilities as assigned.
Budgeted Salary: $82,300 - $92,500 / Annually. Salary commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Under California law, the University of California, Santa Cruz is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role and should not offer a salary above the posted range. The salary shown above is the budgeted range the University reasonably expects to pay.
No. of Positions: 1
Benefits Level Eligibility: Full benefits
- Full-time, Fixed
- Percentage of Time: 100%, 40 Hours per Week
- Days of the Week: Mon-Fri
- Shift Includes: Day
Employee Classification: This is a Career appointment
Job End Date: None
Work Location: UC Santa Cruz Main Campus / Hybrid
Union Representation: Non-Represented
Job Code Classification: ADMISSIONS RECRMT SPEC 4 (004510)
Travel: Never or Rarely
30% - Articulation Management
- As the campus Articulation Officer, oversee all aspects of articulation, including managing production goals and ensuring deadlines are met. Analyze, report, and assist in the development and implementation of articulation policies and procedures, maintaining close collaboration with the Academic Senate Committee on Educational Policy (CEP), the Board of Admission and Relations with Schools (BOARS), the UC Office of the President, and campus units. Direct staff members on specific articulation assignments.
25% - Curriculum Consultation
- Coordinate articulation efforts with faculty, advisors, and staff members of the Admissions and Registrar's Office. Initiate, design, and maintain process for establishing agreements which document comparable lower division preparation for major and general education requirements.
25% - ASSIST Coordination
- Function as principal campus resource person for Project ASSIST, an intersegmental computerized articulation and transfer planning system. Update and maintain on an ongoing basis campus articulation agreements in ASSIST.
10% - Evaluation and Analysis
- Interpret and apply complex UC faculty-approved guidelines governing transfer admission, including major-specific criteria, general education and UC systemwide degree requirements, as well as the awarding of transfer credit for an undergraduate degree for new, continuing, and readmitting students. Provide training to staff and other constituents as needed.
10% - Advising and Outreach
- Counsel and advise prospective students, parents, community college personnel, and other academic counselors/advisers regarding UC admission qualifications, and students seeking a second undergraduate degree, as well as UCSC admissions selection criteria/process for transfer students in undergraduate admissions. Represent the campus and/or the UC system as a senior admissions resource providing outreach services to community colleges and other outreach and yield events, including counselor conferences, college fairs, and campus presentations and workshops, with some evening and weekend events. Work on special projects as requested by unit, campus, and systemwide leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in a related area and/or equivalent experience / training.
- Significant experience and/or extensive knowledge with articulation and the processes related to establishing and maintaining agreements between a four year institution and California community colleges.
- Advanced management, leadership, and/or supervisorial experience with the ability to address complex problems, foster a cohesive organizational structure, and motivate a diverse and multi-functional staff.
- Previous experience in project management, organizational effectiveness, and business continuity planning.
- Extensive experience with independently organizing, prioritizing, and coordinating complex activities and tasks, under pressure of time constraints and competing deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including skills in public speaking, presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution, especially with faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
- Excellent written communication skills, including skills in presentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution, especially with faculty, staff, administrators, and students.
- Advanced professional experience in using independent judgment to interpret and apply academic and administrative procedural guidelines.
- Extensive experience exercising discretion and judgment in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Experience performing professional outreach or advising with California community college transfer students, and a general understanding and appreciation of the needs of this population.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in working cooperatively with a diverse student population.
- Knowledge and experience using standard computing tools including Microsoft Office applications, online databases, email, and web-based research tools.
- Master's degree in a related area.
- General understanding of California secondary and post-secondary institutions, as well as the California Master Plan for Higher Education.
- Knowledge and experience with UC admissions policies and practices including course articulation and admissions evaluation.
- Working knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions system or other college level Student Information System, as well as other student-based computing environments. Experience with the ASSIST (statewide articulation) website and TES (Transfer Evaluation System).
- Knowledge of language(s) other than English.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check.
- Must possess a valid license to drive in the state of California.
- Ability to work long periods of time at a computer with or without accommodation.
- Ability to perform essential physical job functions.
- Will be required to work a hybrid work schedule, days of the week and number of days to be determined, and be able to fulfill requirements of the UCSC telecommuting agreement.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as directed.
- Selected candidate will be required to complete training within established time frames as directed including UC compliance training.
- Ability to travel to multiple work locations on and off campus.
- Ability to maintain appearance and conduct suitable for working in a professional setting.
- The University of California has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, covered employees must submit proof of vaccination or have an approved exception or deferral, eight (8) weeks from date of hire.
- Per the Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act (CANRA), this position has been identified as a Mandated Reporter. The selected candidate will be required to report known or suspected child abuse or neglect as defined by CANRA and will be required to sign a Statement Acknowledging Requirement to Report Child Abuse prior to commencing employment. CANRA Penal Codes, and related definitions, requirements, and responsibilities may be obtained here.
All UCSC employees must understand and follow job safety procedures, attend required health and safety training, proactively promote safety at work, and promptly report actual and potential accidents and injuries.
HOW TO APPLY
Attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this job opening. Do not attach any documents to 'My Activities'. Visit our How to Apply tutorial for detailed instructions on our applicant process.
The University of California is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO USE THE UCSC ON-LINE PROCESS
View full job description and access on-line application:
To ensure review of application materials by the hiring unit, they must be submitted on or before the initial review date (IRD) via the Staff Employment Opportunities web site; https://jobs.ucsc.edu. A computer is available at the UC Santa Cruz Staff Human Resources Office located at Scotts Valley Center. The Scotts Valley Center is located at 100 Enterprise Way, Suite E100, Scotts Valley, CA 95066. To learn more or to request disability accommodations, call 831-459-2009. Hearing impaired are encouraged to use the California Relay Service at 800-735-2922. UC Santa Cruz is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. UC Santa Cruz is committed to excellence through diversity and strives to establish a climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the contributions of all students and employees.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency