This ad is expired.
Assistant Dean of Admission/Admission Counselor
Requisition Number: 2021S014Posting
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Division: Admission and Financial Aid
Participates in a team oriented working environment through all phases of the recruitment and selection process travel, application review, information sessions and interviewing and communicates with prospective students, families, counselors, and alumni in an assigned geographic territory. The position includes a full share of travel by various modes of transportation in a variety of locations.
The position will have the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Accountable for actively recruiting students electronically and in person through effective communication consistent with Colgate's mission.
- Accountable to provide outstanding customer service both on campus and in assigned travel regions.
- Accountable for building strong and positive relationships with constituent populations.
- Accountable to effectively review applications with objectivity and be able to demonstrate independent judgment and decision making in the process.
- Accountable for familiarity with and compliance to NCAA recruiting rules.
- Ability to respond to supervisor feedback.
- Accountable for personal growth and advancement of relevant admissions, analytical, process and general professional skills and behaviors.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned. May include work with Colgate student volunteer programs.
- Must be capable of working collegially with a diverse group of students, faculty, staff, and visitors on a daily basis.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a high comfort level with public speaking before large groups is required, and an ability to effectively engage audiences through dynamic oral presentations is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of the liberal arts and ability to communicate the value of a liberal arts education to students and other outside constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information pertaining to application review and other admission initiatives.
- Passport eligibility is required.
- Must be able to travel 50% annually.
- Volunteer or employment experience in selective admissions preferred, as is prior experience working with diverse student populations.
- Fluency in a second language is helpful.
A Bachelors degree is required.
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni population representing a variety of races, gender identities, social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national origins, etc. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan presents a framework for continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and engaging the Colgate community in this effort in the years ahead. Please describe how you would connect and work with a diverse community.
You can upload the statement under the Diversity Statement document heading.
Weekdays, with occasional weekends.
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Colgate has a diverse student, faculty, staff, and alumni population representing a variety of races, gender identities, social economic status, sexual orientations, languages, national origins, etc. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan presents a framework for continuing the creation of an inclusive campus and engaging the Colgate community in this effort in the years ahead.
Please describe how you would be mindful of diversity and inclusion in your work. You can upload the statement under the Diversity Statement document heading.
It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
CAMPUS CRIME REPORTING AND STATISTICS
The Campus Safety Department will provide upon request a copy of Colgates Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report includes statistics as reported to the United States Department of Education for the previous three years concerning reported: 1. crimes that occurred on-campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Colgate University; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, the campus and 2. fires that occurred in student housing facilities. The report also includes institutional policies concerning campus security and fire safety, such as policies concerning sexual assault, life safety systems, and other related matters. To obtain a copy, contact the Campus Safety Compliance Manager via e-mail at email@example.com. You may also access the report from the Campus Safety web page at: www.colgate.edu/offices/support/campussafety.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://careers.colgate.edu/postings/3326
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency