Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for recruiting and enrolling new students to the university by articulating the benefits one would receive by attending Bentley University. The chief purpose of this position is to promote and market the institution by providing advice and information to various external constituencies including prospective students, families, school counselors, community-based organizations and others. Functions include the execution of various assignments and assisting in the achievement of department goals through the initiation and implementation of projects.
Please note that many of the travel and office related items outlined in the job description have been shifted primarily to an online environment due to the restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Once those restrictions have been lifted, the Assistant Director will be expected to move forward with travel and office related activities typically associated with this role within Undergraduate Admission.
- Travel and market Bentley University at high schools, college fairs and other educational forums providing public presentations in both one on one and and group settings; develop and evaluate strategy for assigned geographic recruitment regions.
- Present the Bentley message, including the admission process, at on-campus information sessions. Interview prospective students on and off campus; follow up with written, telephone and email contact with students, parents and counselors.
- Review admission applications, render decisions and participate in entire file review and scholarship selection processes.
- Serve as Officer-of-the-Day to assist in smooth daily office operation.
- Provide additional assistance with the visitor experience and special visit programs
- Assist with any professional activities needed in the Office of UGA set forth by the demands of the admission cycle.
- Participate in industry forums to continue professional development.
- May supervise and instruct student workers in various clerical and project functions, provide feedback to their supervisors where appropriate
- Bachelor's Degree required plus 2-4 years of college admission or other highly- relevant experience.
- Organizational and analytical abilities, solid communication skills, creative thinking, computer capability, ability to handle multiple tasks and belief in the value of a higher education and the capacity to articulate those benefits to the public.
- Commitment to working toward institutional and department goals concerning diversity, equity, inclusion and justice.
- Must hold and maintain a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
- Fast-paced office environment with many scheduled and unscheduled demands on time.
- Noisy environment due to busy telephones and staff and visitor activity.
- High level of customer service imperative at all times.
- Positive and pleasant attitude always required.
- Constant interruptions from telephone calls and general questions.
- Day and overnight travel is required during the recruitment season often necessitating early morning or late evening travel.
- Position requires some work during evenings, weekends or other holiday periods.
- Physical skills required of this position include an alertness in dealing with technical issues, accuracy in encountering large volumes of paperwork and maintaining focus during frequent interruptions.
- Energy level is important and long hours within and outside the office (while traveling) contribute to physical and mental exhaustion which affects judgment, attitude and accuracy.
- Recruiting events require lifting and carrying heavy boxes as well as standing for long periods of time.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ozZnpgUKxY4pu7EGhlDQz
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency