Assistant Director of Admission Regional Representative-Southern California
The Assistant Director of Admission is responsible for meeting the undergraduate enrollment and tuition revenue goals of the University of the Pacific. Using professional judgment and nationally recognized best practices is responsible for marketing the campus to a wide audience and must present information in an influential manner that drives enrollment. Under broad general direction from the Executive Director of Undergraduate Admission, the Senior Assistant Director must plan a strategized marketing effort within assigned territories to enroll an academically talented and diverse student population.
This position is based in Southern California with the ideal candidate living in proximity to Orange County.
1. Recruits students in an assigned territory by determining the appropriate travel schedules and marketing initiatives to drive enrollment goals. This includes, but is not limited to, making high school and community college visits and attending college fairs and large scale university expositions to gather leads. Projecting a professional image of the University through written and verbal communication is essential. During any year, Assistant Directors are traveling 8-10 weeks during the fall, 2-4 weeks in the spring, and 1-2 weeks during the summer to recruit students.
2. Uses professional initiative to develop an original marketing plan for assigned territories. This includes developing unique and different strategies to meet enrollment goals as territories vary in need and requirements of the marketplace. Establish long lasting relationships with counseling professionals, parents, alumni and faculty.
3. Speaks and presents to wide and varying audiences (students, parents, counselors, school administrators, coaches and alumni) to drive applications to the University. Presents both on and off campus and delivers a compelling case for enrollment at Pacific in both an individual and group settings. While attending high volume expositions such as college fairs or on campus recruitment events, the Assistant Director must quickly articulate positive attributes of the University to determine whether potential applicants may be a good fit for the University.
4. Evaluate applications for admission and scholarship determination. This includes reviewing the academic coursework of the student in high school or community colleges and determining if the academic record shows progress for achievement at Pacific. Evaluate standardized test scores, read essays and letters of recommendation to render a holistic admission decision based on professional judgment. During peak periods it is expected that the Assistant Director of Admission will evaluate 40-60 files per day and be an active member of the admission committee.
5. Possesses the flexibility and wherewithal to operate in several information databases at one time. Must be able to navigate the systems to provide a high level of customer service to the public. Must understand the parameters for running ones own reports to monitor goal progress and be able to use the data to make decisions in recruitment territory management.
6. Contacts potential students via telephone and email during and after normal business hours. Must respond rapidly to the requests for information to help students make the best decision about whether to attend at Pacific.
7. Plans, organizes and executes a variety of on campus and off campus events. This includes planning from the inception, invitation preparation, messaging to potential students and families and running of the actual event.
8. Works cooperatively with faculty to understand the needs of the academic departments in marketing the University to potential students, parents, and counselors. Must understand the 80 plus majors the University offers and whether a student fits the academic profile for potential acceptance to a particular major and the University in general.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Three (3) years related experience.
Proficiency in electronic communication, i.e., word processing, spreadsheets and other commonly used software such as Microsoft Office.
Must be highly organized with exceptional time management skills and be able to work independently.
Experience using Salesforce and Banner.
Prior experience as an admissions professional recruiting in the Pacific Northwest and/or Orange and San Diego counties.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment. May be required to work irregular hours and travel extensively to meet business needs. Work is based in Southern California. Work is primarily performed in an at home office.
Valid drivers license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the Universitys fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/17236
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency