Assistant/Senior Assistant Director of Admissions & Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment
Closes: Open Until Filled
Job Type:Full Time
About The College of Wooster:
Wooster offers an excellent, comprehensive liberal arts education, culminating in a rigorous senior project, in which each student works one-on-one with a faculty mentor to conceive, organize and complete a significant research project on a topic of the student's own choosing. Through this distinctive program, every Wooster student develops abilities valued by employers and graduate schools alike: independent judgment, analytical ability, creativity, project-management and time-management skills, and strong written and oral communication skills. Founded in 1866, the college enrolls approximately 2,000 students.
The College offers a comprehensive benefits program that includes: Health, Dental, Retirement, and Tuition Remission.
The College of Wooster is seeking an Assistant or Senior Assistant Director of Admissions & Coordinator of Multicultural Recruitment. Candidates for this position will be able to clearly and powerfully articulate the nature and aims of a liberal arts and sciences college and the attributes that distinguish Wooster's thriving, global campus community and its recognition as America's premier college for mentored undergraduate research.
Wooster has enjoyed significant success in attracting students from diverse backgrounds. Wooster's broad global reach has resulted in a student body with 24 percent U.S. students of color and 17 percent international students. We seek a new colleague who will support enrollment initiatives with an emphasis on recruiting U.S. students of color and international students. Every admissions staff member is responsible for multicultural recruitment, but this position will serve as a key member of our diversity outreach team leading the way.
Responsibilities incorporate the full range of admission duties including:
- Develops, manages and implements territory and prospect recruitment strategies, including ongoing research, analysis and assessment of established goals; eight to ten weeks of annual travel nationally and possibly internationally (following appropriate safety and health guidelines); thoughtful assessment of applications; and prompt, meaningful face-to-face, phone, written and digital correspondence with prospective students, families and college counselors.
- Coordinate targeted recruitment activities to enroll a diverse student population within the U.S. and globally. Activities may include developing and strengthening new and existing connections and partnerships with community-based organizations, organizing on- and off-campus programming, and implementing virtual events.
- Serve as a member of the diversity outreach team dividing time between U.S. and international responsibilities, with a clear understanding of the College's goals related to enrollment, fiscal health, and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Support general operations of the admissions office including in-person and online interviews, guest reception, recruitment travel, and other programmatic responsibilities which can include evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- A Bachelor's degree, preferably from a liberal arts institution, a valid driver's license, and the ability to travel outside of the U.S.
- A minimum of 1-4 years of related professional experience; title and salary commensurate with experience
- A passion and appreciation for travel and interacting with diverse cultures, identities and backgrounds
- Highly innovative, adaptable, creative and analytical
- Although not required, ideal candidates will have experience and interest in any/all of the following: proven success recruiting multicultural students and building relationships with community-based organizations and school partners, extensive event planning, fluency in a second language (preferably Spanish or Mandarin), and work with the CRM system Slate
The College of Wooster does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, political affiliation, religion, creed, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, disability, age, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy, or by state, local, or federal law. All offers of employment are subject to verification of the legal right to work in the United States as required by federal law. The College of Wooster is committed by policy and practice to diversity, equity and inclusion. For more information on our nondiscrimination policy visit: https://www.wooster.edu/info/nondiscrimination
For highest consideration please submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references which includes name, telephone number and email address.
To apply, visit https://wooster.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=128890&CNTRNO=12&TSTMP=0
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency