POSITION: Director of Undergraduate Admissions
SUPERVISOR: Senior Vice President for Campus Enrollment & Student Affairs
SUPERVIS DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Director of Undergraduate Admissions is responsible for enhancing and implementing recruitment strategies to achieve institutional enrollment goals while directly supervising a staff of recruitment professionals. The Director will provide leadership and guidance while implementing strategies that attract, recruit, and enroll a diverse and talented undergraduate student body. The Director will develop and implement the university's recruitment and admissions plan for traditional-aged, transfer, and College Credit Plus (CCP) students. Effectively market and promote Tiffin University to prospective students and their families. Ability to lead strategically, but having a good balance of knowing when you need to be in the details and when you need to be a forefront leader.
Functional Areas in Undergraduate Admissions
- Recruitment and Outreach
- Application Management
- Access, Opportunity, and Diversity
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- A strong and proactive team leader with a proven track record of success, preferably in private university marketing, recruiting, and enrollment management.
- Innovative with cutting-edge ideas in enrollment practices and trends.
- Action-oriented with a willingness to take calculated risks.
- Success in building relationships and effectively communicating across various internal and external constituencies.
- Goal-oriented, student-centered, and strategic thinker and planner.
- Proficient in market research and with the major metropolitan markets in the Midwest (with an emphasis on Ohio), as well as a demographic knowledge of likely markets.
- An effective and inspiring manager, mentor, and team builder with the ability to communicate and execute expectations and accountability.
- Oversee all Undergraduate Admissions Counselors, Visit Coordinator, and Transfer & CCP Program Manager positions.
- Provide forecasting, modeling, reporting, and analysis of recruitment initiatives.
- Ability to make decisions based on the data and adjust recruitment initiatives and strategies accordingly.
- Work with the Director of Admissions Systems & Operations to manage daily operations and workflow of the undergraduate, transfer, and CCP recruitment operations.
- Budget responsibilities (development and monitoring) for all recruitment activities for traditional, transfer, and CCP populations.
- Oversee all communication in Slate CRM to prospective students and their families. Keep communication up-to-date and accurate at all times and evaluate continuously.
- Work with the marketing and communications team to keep publications, brochures, program sheets, websites, and marketing sites up-to-date and current at all times.
- Review admissions files and make admissions decisions.
- Purchase leads regularly for various vendors.
- Oversee vendor relationships and continue to evaluate university profile pages to drive high lead conversion rates.
- Willingness and desire to think outside the box and try new recruitment initiatives.
- Oversee individual visits, open houses, orientation days, and academic camp experiences.
- Develop and continuously evaluate admissions policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Up-to-date in social media trends.
- Welcomes challenging and unique opportunities for success.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Master's degree required. Preferably a Master in Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in marketing or management or a Master's degree in Higher Education (MEd).
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive responsibilities in undergraduate admissions.
- Experience with a quantitative, market-based approach to planning recruitment activities.
- Previous experience as a Director preferred or equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
- Experience in Slate CRM is highly preferred.
- A highly competitive spirit is required.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and mentor a team.
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills, including developing and maintaining effective, collaborative professional relationships with staff and faculty.
- Strong listening and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Knowledge of and desire to stay current in new technological programs that are used to assist in recruiting prospective students.
- Domestic travel is required.
- Evening and weekend availability is required.
- Ability to excel and thrive in an ever-changing environment.
- Uphold ICARE values at all times.
- Understanding of and commitment to Tiffin University's Vision, Mission, and Values.
EXPECTED KEY COMPETENCIES (ORGANIZATIONAL FIT)
Interdependence: Fosters collaboration across the University
Communication: Strong decision-making and communication skills
Accountability: Formulates effective and progressive strategies aligned with University's mission and values
Respect: Creates an engaging, collaborative classroom environment by bringing diverse students and ideas together.
Entrepreneurship: Influences and inspires
Ability to sit and or stand periodically for long periods.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/ZR4xqLc7oQnzpsRyXS6qQp
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency