Job No: 531647
Work Type: Staff
Location: Dominguez Hills
Categories: Unit 4 - APC - Academic Professionals of California, Probationary, Full Time, Student Services, Telecommute eligible (work onsite as scheduled and/or as requested and telecommute as scheduled)
Department: Admissions Office
Classification Title: Evaluator I
Division: Student Affairs
Classification Salary Range: $3,866 - $5,440 per month.
Anticipate hiring range $3,866 - $4,000 per month.
The final salary is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
About the Department/Position:
Under general supervision of the Associate Director of Admission, the Evaluator I will perform evaluations of records for admission eligibility. The incumbent will interpret and apply provisions of Title V California administrative code and University policies relating to admission; provide information and advice to applicants, students and faculty on state and university requirements for degrees at the undergraduate and graduate level.
Overview of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret documents from other educational institutions to determine equivalency of degree and courses toward CSU requirements.
- Determine accreditation status of every institution with regard to acceptance of credit.
- Determine equivalency of courses from other institutions to university requirements; determine admission eligibility by the evaluation.
- Evaluate courses, satisfaction of specific nontraditional credit and university general education and statutory requirements.
- Provide information and advice to ineligible students regarding educational alternatives available to achieve eligibility for admission.
- Equivalent to completion of a formal training program in academic records evaluation OR one year of academic records evaluation experience OR any 12-month combination of training and experience related to academic records evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the format and interpretation of course records and transcripts of institutions of higher education.
- Knowledge of authenticating course credits and comparing records of differing formats, such as foreign records.
- Knowledge of campus curriculum requirements for majors, minors, terminal degrees, and special program designations.
- Ability to be thorough, consistent, and accurate in the interpretation of records against criteria.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret complex regulations or requirements and to apply them in the evaluation process.
- Education: possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Experience: Prior experience as a Graduation or Admissions Evaluator or related experience in a student services department in a college or university setting. Equivalent to six months responsible experience involving academic, administrative, fiscal, or statistical records processing and maintenance.
- Skill in quantitative methods and data entry.
- Knowledge of application of campus resource guidelines for making determinations using various criteria.
- Ability to maintain resources which document and update criteria.
- Ability to explain criteria and evaluations to others.
- Ability to make accurate records.
- Ability to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to safeguard the confidentiality and security of records.
To view the full position description, click "Position Description" above.
- Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California
- The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption if eligible. Any candidate advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. Questions about the CSU COVID-19 Vaccination Policy may be sent to email@example.com.
- The CSU system offers a competitive total compensation benefits package for employees and qualifying dependents, including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and tuition assistance. It is our goal to compensate employees equitably and fairly. You can access a full description of our benefits here.
California State University, Dominguez Hills, is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. Individuals with disabilities requesting accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may call the Human Resources Office at (310) 243-3771.
California State University Dominguez Hills is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Applications Close: 14 Sep 2023
To apply, visit: https://careers.csudh.edu/en-us/job/531647/evaluator-i
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency