Graduate Admissions Counselor - Bay Area
About the Opportunity
The Graduate Admissions Counselor serves as an integral part of the growth of Khoury College of Computer Sciences on the west coast. This position will have an emphasis on building a pipeline for enrollment to the Align Master's program for students from non-technical backgrounds, in addition to enrollment to the direct entry Master's programs in computer and data sciences. Align allows intellectually curious students to earn a Master of Science in Computer or Data Science regardless of their undergraduate degree and background. Working as a key member of Khoury's national recruitment team and under the supervision of the Director of Recruitment Operations, this position is responsible finding prospective domestic students and supporting them throughout the discovery and admissions process, consistently rooted in a strong customer service mindset.
This position will execute on the recruitment strategy in the region by developing a pipeline of prospects by developing relationships with and building a presence at area feeder schools, running local area recruitment events such as preview nights and Break into Tech events, and developing relationships with community groups and organizations that represent our target markets.
This position will track all leads in our CRM, nurture leads as specified by our developed cadence and keep all data up to date in the CRM.
This position will work closely with the Director of Graduate Recruitment in California and other EM recruiters in the region to coordinate outreach and reach economies of scale.
- Strategize with regional Director of CS and Khoury Recruiting team to execute on regional strategy to build the prospective student funnels.
- Conduct recruiting events in region and and virtually, including webinars, campus visits, and info sessions.
- Support regional and national events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with targeted local universities, community organizations, guidance counselors, and other key influencers.
- Look for creative opportunities to generate net new leads. Implement recruiting strategy at regional level.
- Track all leads in CRM.
- Follow up, track and communicate with prospective students through email, phone, text, one on one and group appointments.
- Provide timely response to inquiries all the way to matriculation stage, related to curriculum, scholarship & financial aid, etc., providing excellent customer service, responding to questions as they arise and reaching out proactively.
- Prepare and maintain records and reports related to assigned activities. Maintain student data into systems and run reports and analyze trends in domestic recruitment.
- Actively own prospective records and update records throughout the outreach stages.
- Perform other clerical, office and data entry tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of experience in student recruitment or admissions required.
- Experienced public speaker, comfortable in front of groups big and small.
- Willingness and ability to travel is necessary.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, be a good team player and meet goals is critical to success.
- Must be detail oriented and with strong organizational skills.
- Capacity to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends is required.
- Ability to lift at least 20 lbs and move furniture around to set up facilities / rooms for events is required.
- Sales experience a plus.
- Familiarity with CRM (salesforce or slate) is required.
Documents to Submit:
Resume and cover letter
About Khoury College:
Khoury College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community among students, faculty and staff. We strongly encourage applicants from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds. We invite you to join a fast-moving, ambitious college with an underlying mission that is driven by our motto of "CS for Everyone."
The expected hiring range for this position is USD $58,100 to USD $74,075 based upon the position's scope and responsibilities.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/San-Jose-CA/Graduate-Admissions-Counselor---Bay-Area_R115366
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency