- Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator
- Go to our website »
Recruitment and Admissions Coordinator
Position is responsible for coordinating the recruitment and admissions functions of the College. Position ensures student progression through the enrollment funnel to meet established recruitment and enrollment goals. Position has an active recruitment territory and coordinates the recruitment schedule and activities of the recruitment team. Position will oversee the recruitment and admissions budget. Position will initiate and evaluate recruitment, admissions, and career exploration practices through a diversity, equity, and inclusivity lens, while collaborating with others across the Student Services division and throughout the College.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of June 5, 2023, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Coordinate and lead the recruitment and admissions functions in consultation with leadership
1. Oversee the day-to-day operations of recruitment and admissions team.
2. Responsible for hiring, training, coaching, and supervising recruitment and admissions teams.
3. Develop and assess recruitment and admissions plans to ensure activities support recruitment and enrollment goals. Activities include events, high school visits, group tours and communication plans.
4. Oversee Admissions workflow to ensure a streamlined and efficient process to admit students.
5. Supervise and execute initiatives, projects, and activities in the college-wide Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM) plan.
6. Develop and manage recruitment and admissions budget.
7. Ensure recruitment and admissions strategies are inclusive and accessible, and focus efforts on increasing diversity and equity.
Lead student recruitment activities.
1. Meet with prospective students individually and in groups to discuss college and career options.
2. Maintain a prospective student tracking system and implement a sequential communication stream from first contact through matriculation. Complete communication campaigns, which include calling, texting and emailing prospective and current students. Complete activity reports for tracking and accountability purposes.
3. Prepare and develop presentations about BTC Programs, Career Pathways, job outlook, student support services, and college admissions process.
4. Provide early outreach to prospective students and their parents through regular communications with information on the importance of post-secondary education.
5. Conduct ongoing college access workshops and activities for traditional and nontraditional prospective students. Educate prospective students about career options and educational requirements.
6. Collaborate with the marketing department to develop promotional materials related to BTC programming and distribute materials to appropriate locations.
7. Maintain a regular schedule of Admissions Information Meetings and Career Exploration Workshops.
Manage relationships with District K-12 partners including:
1. Serve as primary point of contact for specific K-12 partners.
2. Build relationships to foster enrollment growth and partnerships with District K-12 partners.
3. Proactively address and resolve issues with K-12 partners and students.
4. Identify opportunities to deepen relationships and better highlight BTC program offerings to K-12 partners and students.
Coordinate and oversee enrollment and onboarding processes and workflows, with an awareness to the student experience within the guided pathways framework.
1. In collaboration with others, coordinate and facilitate the new and returning student onboarding process.
2. Utilize Recruit workflows and communication plans to support enrollment growth. Assess Recruit optimization and ongoing process improvement.
3. Coordinate onboarding steps to ensure a seamless and efficient process, while supporting students through a Guided Pathways approach.
4. Engage in enrollment management meetings, such as course enrollment and onboarding meetings.
5. Support collaborative work between admissions and advising to ensure a positive student experience
6. Identify where students are not progressing in the enrollment funnel and implement prompt, effective solutions.
7. Maintain and assess communication plan effectiveness, including the oversight of call lists and text/email campaigns.
Coordinate and actively participate in efforts to transition prospective, undecided and non-program students to career and program opportunities.
1. Provide academic and career counseling support in a comprehensive approach. Encourage exploration of careers and educational opportunities in alignment with Guided Pathways.
2. Coordinate Career Exploration Workshops, outreach, and recruitment within Career Coaching Model and utilizing the principles of Guided Pathways.
3. Coordinate and execute recruitment, retention, and advising of undecided and non-program students (such as Class Takers, Industry, Undecided, and other special populations of students), especially through peak enrollment periods.
4. Collaborate with faculty and academic advisors to address students with career indecision, program changes, and career counseling needs.
5. Deliver classroom presentations on career exploration and resources.
6. Respond to student concerns/problems by advising and refer them to appropriate resources.
7. Provide timely, appropriate, and accurate information regarding program of study, program qualifications, course content, course selection, prerequisites, recommend course load, credit for prior learning process, admissions, retention, and graduation.
8. Work with students to develop appropriate academic plans for program completion and financial aid purposes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service with an ability to interact with a wide variety of people, including co-workers, colleagues, students, and the general public.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
3. Strong organizational and project management skills.
4. Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deadlines.
5. Strong attention to detail and ability to perform complex tasks.
6. Ability to collaborate with others in difficult situations.
7. Ability to think creatively and promote innovative thinking among peers.
8. Ability to work independently and make sound independent decisions.
9. Ability to use discretion when managing sensitive information and situations.
10. Experience using student information systems, client relationship management (CRM) systems and communication plans to recruit and enroll students.
11. Ability to work with diverse populations, such as English Language Learner and minority populations.
12. Knowledge of academic, career, and life planning.
Education & Experience:
1. Bachelor's Degree in education, counseling, or a related field.
2. Two years of applicable work experience preferably in an education setting.
3. Coordination or leadership experience preferred.
Blackhawk Technical College does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term.
Join our Talent Community!
Join our Talent Community to receive updates on new opportunities and future events.
Blackhawk Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, disability, or age in employment, admissions or its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to manage inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator/Equal Opportunity Officer, 6004 S County Road G, P.O. Box 5009, Janesville, WI 53547-5009, (608) 757-7796 or (608) 757-7773, WI Relay: 711.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency