Regional Admissions Counselor - Southeastern US
Penn State, one of the top public universities in the country with almost 75,000 undergraduates and more than 700,000 alumni across the world, is seeking a Regional Admissions Counselor to focus on the recruitment of students from the Southeast. Reporting to the Assistant Director for Recruitment, this regional admissions counselor is responsible for the planning, execution, and evaluation of the recruitment efforts in the primary markets of Florida and Georgia, as well as additional states as a secondary market.
The responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Managing the recruitment efforts within the primary and secondary markets by reviewing the strategic recruitment goals of the admissions office, using historical data and information to determine a recruitment plan, and planning and executing recruitment events to maximize outreach and resources to successfully achieve recruitment goals.
- Representing Penn State via a variety of events within the territory, which includes information sessions and accepted student programming for students and families; counselor programs; high school visits; college fairs; admissions panels; and other off-campus events such as meals and one-on-one sessions. Due to the volume of events, there will be extensive travel within the territory, which includes extended hours and evening and weekend work during peak times.
- Developing relationships with high school counselors, independent counselors, and community-based organizations within the territory, helping them to understand admissions policies and learn about opportunities for their students.
- Connecting with local alumni to expand Penn State's Alumni Admissions Volunteer Program by recruiting volunteers to assist with recruitment efforts, training alumni on admissions information to effectively volunteer at local events, and nurturing these relationships to increase interest in and effectiveness of the program.
- Serving as the primary admissions contact for students and counselors within the territory, which includes handling a large volume of email and phone inquiries. This position needs to be familiar with admissions policies, as well as available opportunities at Penn State's twenty undergraduate campuses in order to counsel students and families on their options.
- Demonstrating a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and valuing diversity in the working and learning environment.
- Traveling to University Park 2-3 times per year for training, updates, special events, and other occasions in support of the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Participating virtually in activities of the Undergraduate Admissions Office, which includes campus-based trainings, meetings, and committees, as well as performing special projects or assignments as required by the recruitment team or the office.
- Operating out of a home office that allows for the required travel in the established territory, as well as the ability to work autonomously, independently manage a personal recruitment schedule, and develop and oversee the schedules of additional Penn State staff recruiting in the territory.
We encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Candidates for this position should also:
- Live in the southeastern United States, with preference given to candidates residing in Florida and those with knowledge of the territory's admissions market.
- Hold a Bachelor's degree or higher plus one year of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, with preference given to candidates with knowledge of the college admissions process and candidates who are bilingual.
- Have excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organizational skills. Additionally, candidates should possess exceptional customer service skills to effectively communicate with prospective students and their families about the admissions process and their options, even during high-volume times of the year.
- Be able to manage concurrent projects and accurately execute work with a high level of detail.
- Excel in an environment where they work independently by being accountable and taking the initiative to solve problems, introduce projects, or evolve recruitment efforts based on territory trends.
- Have strong technical skills and understand the value of proper data management. Experience with PeopleSoft, Slate, and Microsoft Office 365 suite is preferred.
- Be able to operate a motor vehicle, have a valid driver's license, and successfully complete a motor vehicle records check and standard background checks.
The following clearances must be successfully completed for this position:
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Background Check
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal Background Check
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Off-Campus---Other/Regional-Admissions--Counselor---Southeastern-US_REQ_0000029647-1
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-4f6c60dca451144eb94f1cfe173f533a