Job ID: 261707
Location: Savannah State Recruiting Loc
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Savannah State University established in 1890, is the first public historically black college or university in the state of Georgia and the first institution of higher learning in the city of Savannah. The university's students select majors from four colleges ' Business Administration, Education, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and Sciences and Technology. The campus is by far the most picturesque in the state of Georgia. The moss-laden sweeping oak trees, expansive marsh and historic architecture create a resplendent yet tranquil atmosphere. Beneath the beauty and splendor is a vibrant residential campus bursting at the seams with the vim and vigor of quality collegiate life: relevant academic majors, engaging lectures, cutting-edge research, quality student-faculty engagement and a nurturing environment.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions and Recruitment, the Senior Recruiter works under limited supervision and will be responsible for planning, developing, and facilitating student recruitment programs/events and college readiness workshops for prospective students primarily in but not limited to the Atlanta Metropolitan area. The incumbent will be responsible for establishing relationships as well as planning recruitment events with high schools, community agencies and business entities within the aforementioned region. This position will also be responsible for implementing the recruitment activities identified in the college's enrollment management plan. Collaboration with other departments is required in the planning and implementation of these recruitment events to include open houses, career success summits etc. The incumbent may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically delineated in this description.
- Serves as point of contact for prospective students primarily in but no limited to the Atlanta-Metropolitan area.
- Responsible for recruitment activities such as coordinating high school and community college visits, attending college fairs, programs and other events.
- Collaborates with area SSU alumni chapters and creates a strategy for recruiting students.
- Provides admissions counseling to prospective students and assists them with applying/gaining admission, navigating the university's academic and co-curricular environment, and enrolling at the University.
- In collaboration with admissions leadership, develops a comprehensive strategy for recruiting in the Atlanta-Metropolitan area as well as other areas as assigned.
- Provides accurate and timely information about academic and co-curricular program offerings, services, costs and financial aid to prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, etc.
- Fosters relationships with prospective students and their parents as well as high school/community college personnel from initial contact until enrollment of prospective students.
- In collaboration with department leadership, collects data/conducts research to evaluate strategic outcomes, create reports, and provide timely feedback on recruitment activities to achieve set admissions goals.
- Record all prospect related actions in customer relations management system to assist the Admissions department in additional follow up with prospects and families.
- Remains abreast of current policies and procedures in Enrollment Management as they relate to university admissions.
- Travels to Savannah for admissions & recruiting events such as Open Campus Day, New Student Orientation and other mandatory campus-wide events.
- Assists in developing and evaluating Admissions and Recruitment marketing and advertising publications.
- Assists with evaluation of transcripts of prospective students.
- Renders admissions decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Travel as well as some night and weekend work is required
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as marketing, business administration, mass communications, etc.
- Must be a resident of the Atlanta-Metropolitan area
- Must possess a current, valid driver's license and personal vehicle for travel
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in admissions recruiting in an educational environment
- Proficient with computer applications, programs, social media and customer relations management systems (e.g. Microsoft Office, Banner, Slate, etc.)
- Must maintain a professional demeanor with respect to clothing, personal hygiene and appearance
- Must be able to lift objects up to 15 pounds
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of social media and other technology for recruiting purposes
- Knowledge of trends, issues, and accepted practices relevant to the position
- Skilled in the use small office equipment, including copy machines or multi-line telephone systems
- Skilled in effective verbal and written communication and presenting to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies
- Ability to learn department policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and an orientation towards customer service
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Ability to cooperate with fellow employees as a team member
Apply Before Date
For best consideration, apply by September 29, 2023. The position will remain open until filled.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Recourses at firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical support, please call OneUSG Connect Support at (877) 251.2644, or by email at email@example.com.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Savannah State University, as determined by Savannah State University, its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Savannah State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Savannah State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Savannah State University, Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Office of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Special Applicant Instructions
- Applicants must include the name, telephone number and e-mail address for three (3) professional references.
- Transcripts must be uploaded with the application. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Official transcript is required if hired.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=261707&PostingSeq=1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency