Senior Assistant Director, Undergraduate Admission Asia
Job Description Summary
The Senior Assistant Director is part of the international team in Undergraduate Admission with primary responsibility for the Asian region and will articulate the benefits one would receive by attending Bentley. Must possess expertise and an understanding of this region as well as the ability to identify potential opportunities and challenges in order to advance the University. This includes identifying key relationships with schools, guidance/college counselors and prospective students. The goal is to determine allocation of time and resources in order to promote the university, leading to improvements in all stages of the enrollment funnel. Functions include the execution of various tasks and assignments and assisting in the achievement of admission goals through the initiation and implementation of projects.
- Act as the territory manager for the Asian Region; which includes having expertise and full working knowledge of trends in the region.
- Work with colleagues who travel to and read applications from other areas of the world as well as provide senior leaders and colleagues with regular updates on notable trends as well as specific challenges, opportunities and recommendations for future actions.
- International in-person travel as well as virtual events of approximately 8 to 10 weeks is required and includes developing both an in-person travel for independent travel or small group as well as virtual itinerary.
- Participate in entire file review process, from reviewing applications, to recommending decisions regarding both admission and scholarships.
- Participate in the development and execution of the international recruit and yield strategy by researching trends and exploring new opportunities that can positively impact recruit and yield activities for each incoming class including communications and input with respect to publications.
- Travel and market Bentley University at high schools, college fairs, Overseas Community Based Organizations (CBOs) and other educational forums providing public presentations to individuals and groups.
- Present the Bentley message, including the admission process, at on-campus information sessions. Interview prospective students on- and off-campus as well as virtually; follow up with written, telephone and email contact with students, parents and counselors.
- Participate in admission recruit and yield events both on- and off-campus and in virtual formats. Provide customer service in the pre- and post-admission process to students, parents and counselors. Serve as Officer-of-the-Day to assist in smooth daily office operation.
- Supervise International Peer Advisors in various clerical and recruitment roles.
- BA/BS degree with three to five years of related experience. Would consider candidates with seven or more years of experience plus a BA/BS as an Associate Director.
- Required expertise in global educational systems particular to the region traveled; excellent organizational and analytical abilities with attention to detail, ability to multi task, solid communication and presentation skills, and computer competency.
- Ability and sensitivity in dealing with diverse populations.
- Willingness and ability to travel independently.
- A current, valid passport as well as a valid, unrestricted United States driver's license, with an insurable driving history as determined by Bentley's insurance carrier.
- Preference given to those with expertise recruiting in Asia and foreign language capability from that region. Additional expertise in WeChat would be of value.
- Fast-paced office environment with many scheduled and unscheduled demands on time.
- Active environment due to busy telephones and staff and visitor activity. High level of customer service imperative at all times.
- Positive and pleasant attitude always required.
- Constant interruptions from telephone calls, walk-in visitors, and general questions.
- Day and overnight travel is required during the recruitment season often necessitating early morning or late evening travel.
- Position requires some work during evenings, weekends or other holiday periods.
- Physical skills required of this position include alertness in dealing with technical issues, accuracy in presenting detailed and timely information.
- Energy level is important and long hours both in and out of the office contribute to physical and mental exhaustion which affects judgment, attitude and accuracy.
- Recruiting events require lifting and carrying heavy boxes as well as standing for long periods of time.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/daZlAyIwyMNbUqYpT15X7
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency